Sunday, June 23, 2013

Finished Tapestry

I finished my tapestry for the online course, learning many techniques. I've got some problems with the width, that didn't appear obvious on the loom. I guess this is all part of learning a new art form.



Now it's time to design another tapestry! I did this quick sketch last night and now I need to work on it a little more and decide what colors to use and which techniques will provide the right effects. This new work will be 8" x 8". I am really looking forward to doing some color blending to add some visual interest. The dye pots have been busy, preparing numerous colors of Paternayan 3 strand yarn to use in future tapestries. I think this design might also be best done by weaving it sideways, due to some of the strong verticals. Then it will be displayed, orientated as shown.


                                        

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bennett said...

Love the new design, Vicki. Can't wait to see the colors you've dyed (and this design is wide open for color, I can see a series coming out of this design!).