Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shibori and Indigo

Here are my latest pieces of indigo-dyed shibori, using the pre-reduced indigo from PRO Chemical & Dye. I used linen for each piece, which was done in a stitched resist process of creating pattern and shaping the fabric before it was dyed in the indigo vat.

I love stitching for its rhythmic, meditative nature which is very relaxing. The mark it imparts is so beautiful. 
This first piece is my entry for the Member Exhibition at the SDA Conference, Confluence, in June. I will also be teaching a 5 day pre-conference workshop at the SDA Conference titled "The Magic of Indigo". You will have your own vat to work with, while learning the basics of shibori - stitched, fold and clamp, bound resist, pole wrapping and lots more!!! You'll go home with a great stash of beautiful indigo dyed textiles.
You can register for my workshop online.







3 comments:

Cheryl Rezendes said...

These are just wonderful Vickie.

Judy said...

Beautiful pieces Vicki.
Sadly, no classes for me this year, but I'll see you at the conference!

xo

Jeanne said...

These are gorgeous! Can't wait to learn that stitching as I assist you at the workshop. I see a lot of indigo in my future.