Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Progress on Whooping Crane and Chick

I've had a little time to hand stitch on my felt that features a whooping crane mother and her chick. I decided to work on them in a subtle way, versus completely covering the felt back ground. This decision is due to the fact that when I look at a piece of art that draws me in when viewed at a distance, I love it when I see exciting details in a close-up look. If you are wondering what the three dimensional strands are, it is pineapple fiber from Habu Textiles, which is one of my favorite sources of unique yarns and threads.

2 comments:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

it's gorgeous Vicki, I can't wait to see this in person.

Vicki said...

Thanks, Sue! I love how it is evolving and can't wait to finish it and get it mounted and framed!