Sunday, March 01, 2009

2009 Spa-Knit-Spin

Well, once again I have let a long time lapse in between my posts. However, I will report today on my first experience at Spa-Knit-Spin, held in Freeport, Maine. My sister, Sue, joined me for this relaxing weekend. We started out by having a pedicure, manicure and eyebrow waxing at Salon Freeport. I highly recommend their services if you are in the area!

After some fun shopping at L.L.Bean, among other shops in Downtown Freeport, we spent some time shopping at the vendors area. WOW! So much beautiful fiber to spin, knit and felt with!!!




I got these two dyed rovings from Sereknity. One is 60% Superwash Merino, 30% Bamboo and 10% Nylon. I love how the bamboo fiber does not pick up the dyes for wool and adds some contrast to the fiber. I also got the same colorway, "Vineyard" in 100% Superwash Blue Faced Leicester to ply with the other.

I bought both of these from Spunky Eclectic. The roving on the left is 100% Blue Faced Leicester, which I absolutely love to spin. On the right are some silk hankies that I want to explore spinning and using in some felt.

This is Anne Hanson's new neckwarmer pattern called Hoarfrost and a skein of 50/50 Merino Silk dyed by Kim at The Woolen Rabbit. This pretty purple yarn is dyed in the Chocolate Chambord colorway.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Ahhhhhhh, that sound FANTASTIC! Your new stash enhancement is gorgeous!