Saturday, July 05, 2008

Spinning like crazy!

I have spent this whole past week, spinning on my Minstrel. It is fully broken in now and I love it so much! It is so easy to treadle and spin fingering and laceweight yarns.

Yesterday I finished a Superwash Merino/Alpaca blend, dyed in a grey roving with teal and rust browns. I ended up with 400 yards in the 4 ounce skein. Right now it is drying, which will probably take a while due to the cool, damp weather here in New England. I might just have enough yardage for a small shoulder shawl/scarf.

This morning I looked through my stash of fiber and started spinning a wool roving that is golden yellow and dusty purple. I am so pleased that I finally have the feel for a more laceweight yarn. I hope to get 2 ounces spun today and the 2 ounces tomorrow, plying done Monday night.
Pictures will follow once the yarns are dry.

No comments: