Monday, July 14, 2008

Handspun Wensleydale

Here is some of my latest spinning. I had never tried Wensleydale wool before, so I ordered this handpainted top from Lisa Souza.

I was absolutely amazed at the transformation that took place as I spun it. There is very little evidence of blue in the yarn. However, the white definitely blended with the blue to make it a paler portion of the yarn. All in all, I absolutley love it!!!

Due to Wensleydale having a mohair-like quality to it, although not as skin soft as mohair, I chose the Misty Garden Scarf pattern from the book Scarf Style. It is knitting up very nicely. I found it difficult to capture the warmth of the yarn in the knitting below.

2 comments:

bockstark.knits said...

Wow, that is an amazing transformation - I can't believe how little blue there is in there! It is gorgeous!

The Lone Beader said...

Your knitting is fabulous! I always wanted to learn how to do that... :D