1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself? Since the early 80’s. Intermediate/advanced
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)? 2 ply
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)? Kromski Minstrel
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like? Blue Faced Leicester, Merino. I don’t like Mohair.
5. Who are your favorite fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)? All Spun Up, Fat Cat Knits, The Fiber Denn. Squoosh and Copperpot Woolies
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try? Cormo, CVM and Bamboo
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn? I constantly strive for the best lace weight yardage
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn? Yes, I’ve been dyeing since the early 80’s
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber? I prefer ready to spin fiber
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed? I knit lace and socks. I am half done with two pair of socks
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)? Yes, I would like a Spinner's Control Card & Yarn Gauge
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand? I love greens, purples, rusts, browns, teals and blues - rich, earthy colors. I do not like bright primary and pastel colors.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now? Some BFL I bought on Etsy
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have? Felting and Seed Bead Jewelry
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about? Birdwatching, Hiking and Photography
16. Do you have an online wishlist? Yes, on Etsy and The Loopy Ewe
17. Is there anything that you collect? Bird nests
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? There aren’t any books right now. I subscribe to Spin-Off
19. When is your birthday? September 9th
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality? I have no idea on this one.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? Hot and humid
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I love Nascar.
favorite painting/picture(link): Ansel Adams
Candy: Lindt chocolate
Movie(s): The Wizard of Oz
TV Show(s): CSI, Law and Order, The Closer, Saving Grace, Without a Trace
Book(s): Anything fiber-related
Guilty Pleasure(s): Fiber and chocolate