Sunday, February 10, 2008

Feather and Fan Wrap


Feather and Fan Wrap - 1, originally uploaded by vickijensen.

I have become a very active member on Ravelry, an online comminity for knitters, spinners and crocheters. One of the groups I belong to is extra special to me. The group is made of members who love the work of Jane Thornley, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. She has designed patterns for beautiful garments, which many of us are working on or have finished.

This picture is the start to my Feather and Fan Wrap, a pattern of Jane's. Not only have I learned new skills for knitting in a freeform approach, but these garments are a great way to use those single skeins of yarn that you can't live without and have been building up in your stash.

For those who would like to see more of Jane Thornley's work, please visit her web site - www.janethornley.com

No comments: