Monday, October 08, 2007

Winter Sweater


Winter Sweater, originally uploaded by vickijensen.

I was a bad girl! I discovered a new yarn store in my area called Eva's Yarn Shop. Eva is a wonderful store owner and has an incredible selection of yarns!!! Well, as I walked around the store drooling, I came across this huge bin of hand-dyed yarns from Schaefer Yarns. I spotted this color palette and immediately fell in love, even though I can dye my own yarns. It is 100% wool in a slub yarn and knits up beautifully. I found a pattern for a cardigan style jacket in an old issue of Interweave Knits that was a perfect match for this yarn. Over the weekend I knit one front and currently I have half of the other front done. Even though I have several unfinished knitting and spinning projects, I am on a mission to complete this sweater from start to finish (especially when one of my employees threatened to steal it from me, if I didn't finish it). LOL!!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

The colors are beautiful! I understand why you fell in love with it. I am sure you won't remember me, but I came from Alabama to ProChem last fall to take 2 weeks of classes with Carol S. I had a great time meeting all of you. I see the ladies who work the Houston show each year and am looking forward to seeing them again.

The Lone Beader said...

I agree. The colours are pretty:)

Judy said...

You seem to be working in a color series here....quite similar to the Kaffe socks, yes? I LOVE this yarn and I do understand why you put the second sock on hold...if only to keep your employee from getting the sweater!! LOL

I'm glad to know that you have a blog...now I can keep an eye on you!

Judy said...

Hi Vicki,
It's me again...I've just tagged you! Ouch!! Sorry!!!

xo

Vicki said...

Hey, Judy!
That didn't hurt too much! LOL!!! So, hows does being taggged work to improve visability of one's blog?