Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Potato Dextrin Cloth

These are two pieces that I did at work this week. I used potato dextrin as a resist, on a pale pink ground cloth. As the dextrin dries, the surface ends up looking like the crackle of traditional batik, only it is water-based and very easy to wash out - unlike wax. I then used PRO Chem's Boysenberry MX 802 in a thickened form to spread over the top and seep down in the crackle lines.

My plans for both of these is to make a small diptych in a Log Cabin type of construction.


3 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

The color is so vibrant. Also, it reminds me of something you'd study in science class:)

Karoda said...

I tried using potato flakes as a resist and it looked nothing close to as beautiful as yours. Good going!

Elle said...

Ooowow, those are nice!