Monday, June 12, 2006

My Felting Weekend

What a fabulous weekend I had making felt. All of the wool in these pieces is hand dyed merino roving, using WashFast Acid Dyes. Most of the pieces have accents of either a Tencel/wool roving or 100% Tencel roving that were also hand dyed. What you see here is the beginning of a small body of work that will have stitching/embellishment on it, to complete each piece. I plan to use a variety of DMC floss (cotton and linen), as well as some of my own hand dyed yarns. I will focus on the continuation of my "bird/nest/egg" theme in each one. Please visit often, as I show these in progress.


Woodland forest, with vegetation


"A Place to Call Home", with inlaid felt


Spring time foraging, with Tencel highlights

4 comments:

Micki said...

Vicki, these are really interesting looking. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

ACey said...

examing your felting endeavors has been a big inspiration to me.

Vicki said...

Thanks for visiting my site! Glad to have offered some inspiration to your work, which is awesome!

Elle said...

These are really cool! I love the colors.